Saturday, December 27, 2008

by morning light


I just want to be there. It looks like a perfect place to work on the various projects that just pop up in life (I'm thinking giftwrapping, but that's just because Christmas is on my brain). The small table makes it a little odd to be a dining room, but it would certainly work for that purpose if you wanted an intimate setting.
There are several things I really like about this room. The high ceiling, the intricate trim, the paneled mirrors, and the lovely chandelier give the room an elegance that feels Parisian. Mellow colors keep it from being too standoffish, and the furniture, while formal, looks comfortable enough to actually use. The modern art doesn't do anything for me, but nor does it detract too much from the atmosphere.

Image souce: Veere Grenney Associates

No comments:

Post a Comment